2-DAY TRAINING 3: Powershell for Penetration Testers
DURATION: 2 DAYS
CAPACITY: 20 pax
SEATS AVAILABLE: n/a
PRICE: EUR1499 (early bird)
Early bird registration rate ends on the 14th of February
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED
PowerShell has changed the way Windows networks are attacked. It is Microsoft’s shell and scripting language available by default in all modern Windows computers. It could interact with .Net, WMI, COM, Windows API, Registry and other computers on a Windows network. This makes it imperative for Penetration Testers and Red Teamers to learn PowerShell.
This training is aimed towards attacking Windows network using PowerShell and is based on real world penetration tests done by the instructor. The course runs as a penetration test of a secure environment with detailed discussion and use of custom PowerShell scripts in each phase. Some of the techniques (see the course content for details), implemented using PowerShell, used in the course:
- – In-memory shellcode execution using PowerShell from a Word macro.
- – Exploiting SQL Servers (more than executing commands)
- – Using Metasploit shellcode with no detection
- – Active Directory trust mapping and abuse.
- – Dump Windows passwords, Web passwords, Wireless keys, LSA Secrets and other system secrets in plain text
- – Using DNS, HTTPS, Gmail etc. as communication channels for shell access and exfiltration.
- – Network relays, port forwarding and pivots to other machines.
- – Reboot and Event persistence
- – Bypass security controls like Firewalls, HIPS and Anti-Virus.The course is a mixture of demonstrations, exercises, hands-on and lecture. The course also has a live CTF which attendees could try with and after the training.Attendees would be able to write own scripts and customize existing ones for security testing after this training. This training aims to change how you test a Windows based environment.
What Would Attendees Gain
- PowerShell Hacker’s Cheat Sheet, access to the online CTF, solutions to exercises, sample source code, updated tools and extra slides explaining things which could not be covered.
- The attendees would learn a powerful attack method which could be applied from day one after the training.
- The attendees would understand that it is not always required to use a third party tool or non-native code on the target machine for post exploitation.
- The attendees would learn how PowerShell makes things easier than previous scripting options on Windows like VB.
- Basic understanding of how penetration test are done.
- Basic understanding of a programming or scripting language could be helpful but is not mandatory.
- An open mind.
Hardware / Software Requirements
A Windows 7 or later system, with Administrative access and ability to run PowerShell scripts.
- – Introduction to PowerShell
- – Language Essentials
– Using ISE
- – Help system
- – Syntax of cmdlets and other commands
- – Variables, Operators, Types, Output Formatting
- – Conditional and Loop Statements
- – Functions
- – Modules
- – PowerShell Remoting and Jobs
- – Writing simple PowerShell scripts
- – Extending PowerShell with .Net
- – WMI with PowerShell
- – Playing with the Windows Registry
- – COM Objects with PowerShell
- – Recon, Information Gathering and the likes
- – Vulnerability Scanning and Analysis
- – Exploitation – Getting a foothold
- – Exploiting MSSQL Servers
- – Client Side Attacks with PowerShell
- – PowerShell with Human Interface Devices
- – Writing shells in PowerShell
- – Using Metasploit and PowerShell together
- – Porting Exploits to PowerShell
- – Post-Exploitation – What PowerShell is actually made for
- – Enumeration and Information Gathering
- – Privilege Escalation
- – Dumping System and Domain Secrets
- – Backdoors
- – Pivoting to other machines
- – Poshing the hashesTM
- – Replaying credentials
- – Network Relays and Port Forwarding
- – Achieving Persistence
- – Clearing Tracks
- – Quick System Audits with PowerShell
- – Detecting PowerShell attacks
- – Security controls available with PowerShell
Location: NH Krasnapolsky
Date: May 24, 2016
Time: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm